Over the years, Mauritius International Financial Services Centre (MIFC) has been positioning itself as the preferred hub for investment into Asia and Africa due its strategic location between the two continents, its hybrid regulatory framework, Ease of Doing Business rating, investment protection treaties, non-double taxation treaties, highly qualified and multilingual workforce, political stability, low crime rate, coupled with modern infrastructure and connectivity.
It is home to a number of international banks, law firms, corporate service providers, fund managers, investment funds and private equity funds. Financial products and services include private banking, global business, insurance and reinsurance, limited companies, protected cell companies, trust and foundation, investment banking, global headquarter administration and a wide array of innovative and specialised licenses.
The country has built up a solid reputation by making use of best practices and adopting a strong legal and regulatory framework to demonstrate its compliance with international demands for greater transparency. The MIFC can bring benefits to international investors under various regimes, ranging from domestic market, freeport market (goods) and global business market (international business).
What sets Mauritius apart?
- Highly-qualified labour force spanning various business sectors
- No exchange control, and lean fiscal regime
- Compliance and corporate governance best practices
- Innovative and business-friendly regulatory regime
- Excellent diplomatic and investment protocols with emerging markets
- Growing Fintech industry and high-potential sectors
- Destination for foreign investors and expat community, with highly valued incentives from Government
- Mauritius-partnered Special Economic Zones in African continent
- Hub for outsourcing of high-skilled processes
Legal Structures and Licences
1. Legal structures
- Limited partnership and Société
- Trust and foundations
- Corporate structures
- Domestic company
- Global Business Company
- Authorised Company
- Freeport Company
- Protected Cell Company
2. Licence Categories issued by Bank of Mauritius, Financial Services Commission (FSC) and Economic Development Board (EDB):
- Banking Licence
- Financial Services Provider Licence
- Specialised Financial Services Provider Licence
- Corporate and Trust Service Provider Licence
- Self-regulatory Organisations Licence
- Investment Banking Licence
- Providers of Market Infrastructure Licence
- Reporting Issuer
- Securities or Capital Market Intermediaries
- Collective Investment Schemes and Close-end Funds
- CIS Functionaries and Professionals
- Insurers and Re-Insurers
- Insurers and Re-insurers structured as a PCC
- Insurance Service Providers
- Trustee and Pension Schemes
- Pure Captive Insurers
- Global Business
- Regulatory Sandbox Licence
- P2P Lending
Members of JurisTax
Galvin has been serving as the Business Development Manager for JurisTax Services Ltd since 2018.
Prior to moving back to Mauritius, he gained experience working in the UAE, where he was responsible to manage corporate administration duties, accounting and taxation duties. Today, his grasp of the many facets of the Mauritian jurisdiction enables him to acquire new clients and advise them on how best to maximise their investment while complying with applicable regulations. Much of Galvin’s downtime is spent nurturing his green thumb. He takes great pleasure in making his garden come to life by growing flowers, plants and even fruit and vegetables. The best part for him? He gets to enjoy not only the literal fruits of his labour, but also cultivate patience and a sense of connection with nature.
Lucqman joined JurisTax back in 2014, after having acquired five years of accounting and auditing experience in one of the Big 4 companies.
After successively filling in as Head of Unit and Assistant Manager, he today leads two teams at JurisTax Services and manages a portfolio of over 500 structures and assets under management of USD2 billion. Through his 13 years of experience in the financial services sector, he has gained analytical skills and a deep understanding of financial markets that enable him to specialise in the management of private funds. A passionate home cook, Lucqman is constantly on the lookout for what’s new, what’s next, what’s unusual. He is particularly passionate about creating gourmet pizzas from scratch, tossing the dough by hand and playing with toppings until he strikes the perfect balance of flavours and textures.
At JurisTax, we bring together a team of wealth management, tax, compliance and business experts to customise financial plans for you in accordance with your ever-changing circumstances.
Philosophy & Core Values
Independence lies at the heart of our approach
JurisTax was founded in 2008 with a vision of its Founder and CEO, Mrs Nishi Kichenin, who had gathered from her rich professional...